17:40 - 18:40 (UTC+01)
Talk (60 min)
Open Source at commercial organisations
Open Source software dominates the world. It powers NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter, it enables founders to quickly turn business ideas into products, it reveals its adoption through critical vulnerabilities that scare companies.
In this talk we will go through our learnings of doing Open Source at a company with thousands of engineers. The focus will be primarily on producing open source software rather than on using it.
- How we improved the open-source release cycle from almost a year to a few days
- Providing an on-road experience for Open Source across the company
- Moving from 10+ GitHub organisations to a single one
- Why your legal and security counterparts are your friends and how you can best work with them
- Promoting your open source projects